Protecting your private information is our priority.
Alicia Walter and Nathan Stark (“The Passport Couple,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) operate(s) the www.thepassportcouple.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Data Collection and Use
In order to better provide you with products and services offered through our Service, we may collect various forms of information.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through our Service’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information about your computer hardware and software such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, referring website addresses, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- First-Party Cookies: We use First-Party Cookies to track page views, session visits, and the number of users.
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Secure Cookies: We use Secure Cookies to help ensure the security of our Service.
Our Service contains embedded content and links to other websites (e.g. photos, videos, articles, etc.). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content, privacy policies, or practices of such other sites. We strongly encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Service and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Use of Data
The Passport Couple collects and uses your personal information to operate and continuously improve our Service. Other purposes are, but not limited to:
- Provide and maintain our Service
- Notify you about changes to our Service
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services upon your request
- Provide customer support
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- Monitor the use of our Service
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- Provide you with news, special offers, and general information about goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The Passport Couple may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
The Passport Couple does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to any third parties.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number, etc.) is not transferred to the third party. The Passport Couple may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Passport Couple, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Passport Couple may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Passport Couple or the Service
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Passport Couple
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Passport Couple, or the public.
Security of Data
The Passport Couple secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure and uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol for this purpose.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control
- Security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Service cannot be guaranteed.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Use of Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Mailchimp is an online marketing platform offered by The Rocket Science Group LLC. We use MailChimp to collect, store, and contact our subscriber list consisting of individuals that voluntarily join.
Do Not Track Policy
The following is our policy on “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA).
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites and online services you do not want to be tracked. Like many websites and online services, The Passport Couple currently does not alter its practices when it receives a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about Do Not Track, you may visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
If you are within the European Economic Area (EEA), you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification and erasure. You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- The right to restriction of processing. You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- The right to withdraw consent. To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Under certain conditions, these rights also apply to residents outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Should you wish to have access to your information, update, change, or delete your information, please email us at email@example.com and submit a request.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of eighteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Service.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. And, if we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to this Statement
Your continued use of the Service after such modifications will constitute your:
- Agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
You can also contact us via mail at 340 South Lemon Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789, United States.
The Passport Couple